Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Change of Plans

Turns out that it was a good thing I didn't have time to start making my slippers. After I finished balling up some yarn that I have for my amigurumi projects I found a free pattern sheet I found at Michaels recently. It turns out the pattern calls for the yarn I was thinking of putting towards the slippers and it just so happens to require 9 balls of the yarn, which is exactly how many I have.

The yarn I originally bought because I loved the colour of it and it was $3 a ball instead of somewhere in the neighbourhood of $7-$8. Even when Michaels has it on sale, you're still paying at least $6 a ball. I've searched numerous times and come up just short on the required amount of yarn, or occasionally too much which would force me to find a second smaller project.

So the new plan as it stands now is that I will be making a Ripple Effect Throw (though it will have to be a solid colour because that's all I have). Slippers will have to be put on hold now because I'm not certain which yarn I have that I will use to make them now, but I will be using up 9 balls that I really had no clue what to use them for.

It looks cozy doesn't it? I can't wait to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails